The ILGW References Project serves
as a searchable repository for statewide material
appropriately classified by subject matter.
Locations in Illinois
- Twentieth Century Biographical Dictionary of Notable Americans:
A – C, D – F, G – L, M – P, R – Z
- Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois
A | B | C | D | E
- A Gazetteer of the States of IL & MO – 1823
Towns, Villages, Rivers, Creeks, &c: Counties – All Else
- A Gazetteer of Illinois – 1837
Counties Cities: A – Chi; Chi – G; H – L; M – Q; R – Z
Places of Interest
- Altgeld, John Peter, Governor
- Beveridge, John Lowrie, Governor
- Bissell, William H., Governor
- Cullom, Shelby Moore, Governor
- Deneen, Charles Samuel, Governor
- Dunne, Edward Fitzsimmons, Governor
- Fifer, Joseph Wilson, Governor
- French, Augustus C., Governor
- Hamilton, John Marshall, Governor
- Matteson, Joel Aldrich, Governor
- Oglesby, Richard J., Governor
- Palmer, John M., Governor
- Tanner, John Riley, Governor
- Wood, John, Governor
- Yates, Richard, Governor
- Yates, Richard Jr., Governor
The following reference materials were used to create the ILGenWeb References project:
- US 1895 Atlas
- USGS Geographic Names Information Systems
- A Gazetteer of the States of Illinois and Missouri, Beck, Lewis C., A.M., Albany: Printed by Charles R. and George Webster, 1823
- A Complete Pronouncing Gazetteer or Geographical Dictionary of the World, Thomas, J., MD, and Baldwin, T., Editors. Philadelphia: J. B. Lippincott & Co., 1857
- A Gazetteer of Illinois, Peck, J. M. Philadelphia: Grigg & Elliot, 9 North Fourth Street, 1837
- Atlas of Henry County to which is added an Atlas of the U.S., Chicago: Warner & Beers, Publishers, 1875
- Pioneers of Illinois, Matson, N. Chicago: Knight & Leonard, Publishers, 1882
- History of Vermilion County, Illinois, a tale of its evolution, settlement, and progress for nearly a century. Jones, Lottie E. Chicago: Pioneer Publishing Company. 1911
- The White City, The Historical, Biographical and Philanthropical Record of Illinois. John Moses and Paul Selby. Chicago: Chicago World Book Company, 1893.
- Biographical and Memorial Edition of the Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois, Volume I. Newton Bateman, LL.D. and Paul Selby, A.M., and Special Authors and Contributors. Chicago: Chicago World Book Company, Munsell Publishing Company Publishers, 1915.
- Directory Of The City Of Chicago, Illinois, For 1843; Chicago: Fergus Printing Company, 1896 reprint.
- Photo Postcard postmarked 1907 offered for sale on Ebay. The photo was of the Christian Church, Pala, IL.
- History of Grundy County, Illinois, Chicago: Munsell Publishing Company, 1914.
- History of Adams County, Illinois, Chicago: Murray, Williamson & Phelps, 1879.
- History of Bond and Montgomery Counties, Illinois, Edited by William Henry Perrin, Chicago: O.L. Baskin & Co., 1882.
- Bond County ILGenWeb
- Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois, Edited by Newton Bateman, Paul Selby & J. Seymour Currey; Chicago: Munsell Publishing Co., 1921.
- Biographical and Memorial Edition of the Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois, by Newton Bateman & Paul Selby; Chicago: Munsell Publishing Co., 1915.