ILGenWeb Adoption Information
The ILGenWeb Project consists of many volunteers working toward the same goal: free, online access to genealogical and historical material related to Illinois and its counties.If you are interested in adopting any of the above counties, read our ILGenWeb Procedures page. This page contains important guidelines that all potential ILGenWeb Coordinators must agree to prior to consideration of adopting a county.
The following counties are presently adoptable: Hancock, Livingston, Mason, Menard*, Pike, Sangamon, Scott* and Warren*.
* Indicates that the website has already been converted to a WordPress format. No HTML experience is needed to operate these counties.
A basic knowledge of HTML or web page creation software is
strongly suggested [no longer needed]. But a coordinator should have some interest in the county they are adopting. If you have the local knowledge and willingness to learn, then we can teach you the skills you’ll need to keep your pages updated.
Helpful Links For Coordinators
- The USGenWeb Project Information for Volunteers
- ILGenWeb Logos
- USGenWeb Logos
- Cyndi’s Genealogy Home Page Construction List
- HTML Help
- Online Broken Link Checker – Automatically checks your website for broken links on up to 3,000 pages at once.
- Genealogy Village – Free Hosting for USGenWeb sites